Cannabis Lawyers & Consultants, and more.

Law Firm For Psychedelics, Tobacco, Liquor, Vaping, Food & Drugs, Crypto, NFT, and Money Service Businesses.

AGCO Lawyer & Law Firm

Our practice focuses on cannabis, psychedelics, tobacco, liquor, and vaping law, and we stay abreast of developments in the law to provide reliable advice.

We Get Cannabis Licences For Clients... and more!

One of our proudest accomplishments is helping business owners obtain licences - including AGCO licences.

Serving Hundreds of Clients

Hundreds of clients have walked through our doors seeking legal advice, regulatory compliance assistance or help obtaining licences.


Cannabis Act Legal Matters • Open & Start a Dispensary in Toronto, G.T.A., or Ontario  • Applications to obtain Retail Operator License (ROL) & Retail Store Authorization • (RSA) with the Alcohol & Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) • Health Canada Labelling and Packaging Compliance • Ontario AGCO Budtender Training • Pre-Authorization Inspection Compliance Audits • Consultations for Individuals, Dispensaries, Accessories Brands & Small Businesses • Incorporations for  Businesses • Drafting & Reviewing Agreements such as Employment Agreements and Franchise Agreements

NOTE: May include referrals to vetted third party law firms, consultants, and other parties.

About Our Team

About our law practice

Harrison Jordan is a lawyer and consultant with a focus on Canadian legal matters related to regulated industries - cannabis, psychedelics, liquor, tobacco, and vaping law. He graduated from Osgoode Hall Law School where he enrolled in a broad range of public and private law courses.

Harrison worked under prominent Canadian industry lawyers Alan Young and Paul Lewin. After completing his articles at Lewin & Sagara LLP, Harrison opened his practice, where he advises individuals and small businesses with respect to the Cannabis Act and the law of other psychoactive substances.

Upon graduating from law school, Harrison Jordan acted as a freelance writer for the industry, sharing insights through news articles for some of the country’s most prominent industry news outlets, including Leafly, Civilized, and Lift News.

Harrison also practices law related to NFTs (non-fungible token), and more info can be found at The NFT Lawyer.

Harrison Jordan


Harrison Jordan, Lawyer at Substance Law
Our Services

The law firm on the cutting edge.

We have a strong focus on regulated industries, and can't wait to help you.
Harrison Jordan understands the nuance of the laws and can help guide you through:

• Cannabis Act
• Access to Cannabis For Medical Purposes Regulations (ACMPR) and other regulations

Retail Store Licences
• Municipal Zoning By-law Compliance
Apply for Toronto or Ontario Dispensary Licence Application
• Controlled Drugs and Substances Act, Narcotic Control Regulations, and Food and Drugs Act.
• Smoke Free Ontario Act
Tobacco and Vaping Products Act
Excise Act
Food and Drug Regulations

Have You Any Questions?
We are always here to help you

Frequently Asked Questions

For those applying to Health Canada to cultivate, produce, process, package or sell cannabis, key personnel will need to obtain a “security clearance” from Health Canada. Get in touch with us today to determine if you will able to obtain security clearance and how to best structure your organization otherwise.

That depends on what form of cannabis you want to work with, and whether you want to produce or just sell it. In Ontario and other provinces, parties can apply to operate a private retail cannabis space, while production is subject to an arduous federal application process with Health Canada.

Yes! The Ontario Government now allows private entities to apply to obtain the Retail Operator Licence and Retail Store Authorization permits needed to sell through a storefront in Toronto or elsewhere in Ontario. You need to meet strict requirements, and the capital costs can be intensive. You will need to work with architects, security planners, and business planners, and we have all of that ;gured out.

The licence you will have to obtain depends on what step of the process you would like to take part in and whether it is for medical or non-medical purposes. To produce, you will need a production licence from Health Canada as well as a licence from the Canada Revenue Agency.

Contact Us

Talk To A Lawyer Now.

Leave your information and one of our lawyers will get back to you.

    Our Latest News